Continuous Fiber Elastomer Technology – CFET
• The RidgeFlex Ankle Joint represents optimal balance between flexibility and rigidity due to the utilization of a proprietary material called Prepalon®.
• Prepalon® is a continuous fiber and elastomer blend technology (CFET).
• The use of flexible elastomer provides optimum tear strength, preventing fatigue failure
• Continuous fiber blended within the elastomer provides structure and rigidity, preventing the joint from stretching.
• This technology eliminates the need for strings which do not provide any support in rotation or A-P movement.
• Material technology allows for bold concepts which led to the creation of the tendon design. The tendon design offers a smooth movement while providing proper support in the sagittal plane and rotational control.
• Combination of flexible elastomer and continuous fiber blend for rigidity allows for optimum balance of smooth movement and rigid support.
• No need to compromise the tear strength by using a higher density elastomer for more support. Higher density in elastomer means weaker tear strength, thus compromising the structural integrity of the joint